Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC - but the "Z" folks might get a kick of of this `86 300ZX ad!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
I know some of you are 240Z & up fans out there (like Rob), and I came across this 1980's Nissan 300ZX magazine ad which I's saved in my portfolio book, when I was shooting some past project pix for my business stuff last week. So I took a couple of extra shots to share here.

Nissan apparently decided they liked this county/city library building to show off their 300ZX, on which I did much of the design for the Ventura County & City of Thousand Oaks Library Systems back in the late 1970's (while with ACMA - Albert C. Martin & Associates in LA/OC), which was completed construction in 85 IIRC - so this ad is sometime after that. I wasn't aware of the ad until I saw it in a magazine, then clipped it for my portfolio.

Click to view attachment

^ Note their reinforcement of the NISSAN name in the bottom right above, as they were still in the process of re-branding from Datsun in this `86 MY advert.!

Click to view attachment

Even though this was designed in the `70's-80's - it incorporated a bunch of advanced energy saving features found in buildings getting LEED & other sustainable & energy efficient building certifications today - 30+ years later, and most of the proposed things got into the as-built building - although some did not.

Overall photo shows the full building form the same side for reference of what you're seeing behind the 300Z, which actually has a very tenuous 914 link, in that the roof line's inspiration was the old Ryan/Consolidated Aircraft Plant off I-5 in San Diego where I grew up `63-70.

That plant was the plant that built the actual B24 Liberator that Rob W's Dad flew during WWII that he had posted about a couple of years ago. Of course, Rob has carefully restored his Dad's old 73 914-2.0 Olympic Blue/Black and posted his build pix on here too!

Enjoy!

popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
Oops -

I just realized I forgot to put the car in the ad's model & MY - so just updated that.

Yeah, woulda been better with a 914 or at least a Porsche, but....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.