Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows mechanism, Early vs late
JamesM
post May 7 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 23 2013, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 23 2013, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 24 2013, 12:02 AM) *

double post

Then I must have some pre 73 doors on my 74.

Do you have reinforcing ribs in the door near the outer skin? If not, you have light weight early doors. You may have an early targa top to match the doors too.

There was a style of door on the early 73 cars that had the later winders but without the side impact beams (best of both worlds)

I have a set in my shed waiting to go on a car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bulitt
post May 8 2013, 05:00 AM
Post #22

Achtzylinder

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 7 2013, 10:18 PM) *

Doors are the simple solution.

True, if bolting silver doors onto a red car is the look you want. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
Ask Paul 914itis how simple it was. Remove old doors, bolt on new, adjust gaps, transfer your locks, somewhere along the way bodywork and paint and buff the doors. Sometimes not so easy matching 45 yr old paint.

Just saying that it is a not so difficult alternative. The conversion is about a 3 on a scale of ten. After having all the tools out and templates made, did the second door in 35 minutes. Obviously you need a welder.
I do agree that the older doors probably offer some level of improved side collision safety, but they are significantly heavier also.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:17 AM