Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914world seller feedback, 914world seller feedback, is there such a thing?
Evil914
post Mar 27 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,309
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 27 2013, 08:09 PM) *

I guess I have been lucky that all of the sellers I have run into on the forum have been great. I even brought my 914 from a person on the forum. I have seen a few posts that seem to be a bit odd. But I think seeing some of the responses from people like Captain Krusty who really know their stuff and seem to stamp out the BS is helpful.

But rather than trying to resolve any issues maybe the best approach would be a list of bad transactions? There are two sides to every deal gone bad and those that are willing to do a little reading can often figure out where the fault lies. The sellers that show up often, only want cash or check, or only have excuses will reveal themselves.

I know some don't like PayPal (like me) but unless you are handing over cash face to face at the time you are getting your item, it is the best option.

I like some of paypal but they have screwed me over on a few Ebay deals with d-heads who want a brand new $1000 part for their boat for $100 then get pissy after I've photographed and described it quite well.Ebay-paypal just takes your money with little to no checking of the facts.Went 9 years with 100%rating till these douches ruin it.Never had anything but good dealings here at 914 World (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Mar 28 2013, 01:51 AM
Post #22

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

For the most part I buy only from people with enough posts in areas other than just the classifieds. Not to say that newbies can't have good stuff, but I only buy small items unless I have someone local pick up for me.

I'll also look at the posts to see what they are posting to see if they are just trying to pump up the post count.

99.9% of the people here are honest and sometimes it may take a few days for them to ship, but it seems to work out for the most part.

But buyer beware if you are dealing with an unknown.
+Quote Post
OU8AVW
post Mar 28 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #23

Yacht Rigger

Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

In any community there's a core group of folks that are really making the community work. Weather that's offering good parts, good information, good humor or just allot of pictures of hot women and cool cars, the people who contribute are usually the ones you can better trust. Hang out here long enough and you can see who's who and establish a better level of comfort with the people you're buying from or selling to.

Like when Bdstone has a part for sale I jump on it because his stuff is always awesome. Or buying brakes from PMB. That's about the best thing you can do for your 914. I'm now in the habit of PMing one particular seller whenever I need a part. I know he has allot of cars to brake so he usually hooks me up. I once sold two sets of Fuchs to the same guy. It worked for us. He knew I had a line on some cars and I knew he was good to do business with.

I bought an engine from someone here and it blew up 200 miles later. Not his fault because I knew what I was getting into and I knew the seller had no idea about the engine. Be a smart consumer. Get pictures. Talk, communicate and set your expectations accordingly. That's the way used parts trading works.
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Mar 28 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 27 2013, 07:08 PM) *

I'll trust most anybody up to $200. More than that and I need to be comfortable with their reputation. More than $1-2K and it's an in person, cash transaction, even if it takes a lot of travel. I don't like loosing any money but your not going to win on every deal. That being said, I want anyone who buys from me to be %100 satisfied - period!

Hey Mark!

This is Sage advice. I've been thinking along the same lines. I think I've been pretty lucky up to this point other than a custom made emblem that took a very long time to receive and a lot of effort on my part to make it happen.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 28 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #25

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

I've had good Luck buying and selling here. But heck I give a lot away too, so Karma is Good! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Only once did someone call me out and he got exactly what I was selling at a Great Price. The wierd thing he called me out in a Post instead of contacting me and then everyone let him know how wrong he was. So Bitching can go both ways.

As far as Shipping Times of some Sellers - that's a strange one. I know when I'm selling something here or on eBay, I only ship once a week so I'm not running back & forth. If I have any delays, I always contact the Buyer to let them know the situation.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 12:39 PM