Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A few questions after more teardown
stateofidleness
post Mar 27 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

Gents,
Starting to get to the rust repair stages and getting more "intimate" with the engine compartment and removal of fuel line stuff. I took a lot of pictures and have some questions you experienced guys may be able to help me with.

1) I noticed this "bracket" thing that the clutch cable runs through at the firewall. it does NOT appear to be stock as it looks like a washer welded to a piece of metal bent to the correct contour. It's then screwed in to through the floor. What the hell is this? Should I remove it or leave it alone?

Attached Image

2) Pulled the tank and was REALLY happy with how clean it was underneath. Noticed these markings on the tank and was just curious is a) these are factory markings and b) if not factory, does it mean my tank is not original to the car? My car is a '73 and the marking says '72.

Attached Image

3) Anyone know a part number for the black part in this picture, or know where to order a replacement? I've never seen one before.. ever! It was on top of the gas tank and the metal straps went through it. I imagine someone broke it while strapping the tank in at some point.

Attached Image

4) Last question (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
Does this fuel pump bracket look "right"? It's tucked up under the hell hole side engine shelf right next to the factory fuel filter mount. Something just doesn't look right to me with it like it was added by a PO or something. How hard is it to relocate the pump to the front? Any benefit in doing this or leave it where it is?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:52 AM