Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear wheel studs for conversion, What length of studs for redrilled hubs?
kafermeister
post Jan 21 2003, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 174

Hey 914 people. I'm new to these forums (just signed up last night). Many here will recognize me from other lists. I've got a question about re-drilled rear hubs.

I've got a pair of re-drilled hubs that I was going to use on my /4 project. Previously, they had been tapped for 14mm lug bolts and used like that. I plan on spot facing the rear of the hubs and pressing in 9/16" x 14mm studs. What's the minimum stud length I should use for this? I will be using 16x7" Fuchs from an SC. I'm not going to get too concerned about having studs wthat are too long as I will just use open faced lug nuts if necessary. I just need to make sure I don't buy something too short.

Thanks
Rick Harris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
kafermeister   Rear wheel studs for conversion   Jan 21 2003, 10:12 AM
thesey914   kafermeister, I used some studs from a late 944, t...   Jan 21 2003, 10:40 AM
kafermeister   Excellent! Thanks for the note. Rick   Jan 21 2003, 11:20 AM
jonwatts  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 08:47 PM