Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear wheel studs for conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kafermeister
Hey 914 people. I'm new to these forums (just signed up last night). Many here will recognize me from other lists. I've got a question about re-drilled rear hubs.

I've got a pair of re-drilled hubs that I was going to use on my /4 project. Previously, they had been tapped for 14mm lug bolts and used like that. I plan on spot facing the rear of the hubs and pressing in 9/16" x 14mm studs. What's the minimum stud length I should use for this? I will be using 16x7" Fuchs from an SC. I'm not going to get too concerned about having studs wthat are too long as I will just use open faced lug nuts if necessary. I just need to make sure I don't buy something too short.

Thanks
Rick Harris
thesey914
kafermeister, I used some studs from a late 944, they were 50mm in length in total. (99% sure) and fit exactly right with 16x7 Fuchs.......hang on I'm going out to the garage now to measure........well the wheel is off but the calliper and disc are still fitted - taking a quick measurement 50mm is right - so 50mm or longer if you intend on using spacers.

Just a relevant picture I had
kafermeister
Excellent! Thanks for the note.

Rick
jonwatts
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jan 21 2003, 08:40 AM)
.......hang on I'm going out to the garage now to measure........well the wheel is off but the calliper and disc are still fitted

I love it when people take the time to go out and actually look at their car to help someone out. It often involves getting under the car and / or removing something. It really makes for a great sense of community among people who may never meet face to face.

Sorry, I can get a little emotional before my 2nd cup of coffee wink.gif

Jon
Gint
Who the hell are you and what did you do with the "real" Jon Watts?
jonwatts
Here I am. Last time I let Mr. Pantywaste sit in front of the computer. Guess it's time to get the self-help book for Schizophrenics, "I'm Ok, I'm Ok" tongue.gif

Jon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.