Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pertronix install issue - spacer plate - rotor will not engage, Anyone seen or done this?
Mikey914
post Apr 12 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

I had some issues with points and the boy fried the condenser this last round so I decided to try out the Pertronix system as it sounded like a good idea.

The directions were a little bass akward in that it would tell you to install the plates and then run the wires out, and the clearance was inadequate as the plates were in the way. But after a few rounds of assembly and dis assembly, we got it together and it appeared to be together correctly. We had to use the spacer plate to get the height correct. All was well until we installed in the car and tried to fit the rotor. The spacer plate causes the rotor to stand up enough so that the rotor will not engage and turn.

My thought process was to modify the rotor by sanding it down enough to bring it back into position. Any other thoughts here?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:45 PM