Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Finally Got around to Changing the Snorkel Tube, Another Mikey product rec'd,Today was time 2 Change it
RON S.
post Apr 27 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #1

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Group: Members
Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

Today was the day I mustered the energy to swap out my 43 year old rotten snorkel tube with the new one that I had gotten a month or so ago from Mikey.

The job is really a PITA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) to the max, and then some. Be ready to spend most of the day on it, and have some help if you can get it. You'll really need 4 or 5 extra hands to push and pull and thread the wiring.

I did mine alone, and it took me about 7 hours.

First thing I noticed was that the Snorkel Tube is about 2- 2-1/2'' to long for my application.

No matter, as I cut it in half about 3'' below the end that is the engine shelf grommet.

Next was removing the interior, and since my wiring harness was already split in 2 on the shift tunnel, pulling it out was easy.
With the wiring pulled up all the way into the engine compartment, I installed the 1st half I cut into the upper engine shelf. Once installed, which was a PITA doing it alone, I then threaded the harness back down through the upper Snork half, down below the engine.
I then measured the bottom half of the elbowed end of the Snork tube, and cut about an inch off it. Then I threaded the wiring again through the elbowed piece and back into the car's interior.
Once I got the bottom grommet of the snork Tube in place in the chassis, I rolled back the tubing on one end where the 2 halves and unrolled it over the other half. This gave the unit about 1-1/2 to 2'' of overlap on the tube. It sealed up really tight, and it looks pretty good.

Re-plugged all the wires in, put the seats back in, and I was done. Time to go back to driving it.

All in all, another great Mikey product.

Thanks Mikey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:58 PM