Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Camshafts, heater ducting, Cam options, heater plumbing
oilhammer
post Nov 24 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,583

Having my 75 1.8 rebuilt and wanna know some options on selecting a camshaft. I would like something a little more agressive than stock but still very street friendly. So far the modifications include ceramic coating the combustion handling internals and 2.0 pistons, cylinders, crank. See no reason to get rid of injection since it is L-jet. If you think the stock cam is a great one, tell me so and I will probably keep it...

Also, bought my car with no heater, only new exchangers. I now have all the parts except blower motor "Y-pipe". Anybody got a picture of the later style blower motor discharge and how you hook up both sides? Where can I find a "Y" adapter?

Appreciate any advice, I am a newby and I did spend some time looking on the club site for this kind of info. but probably not enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) I know you guys can point me in the right direction.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Nov 24 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #2

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I might just get slapped around for this, but..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Why bother with the 4cyl? I could set you up for a nice 914-6 conversion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hopefully Jake Raby will chime in for you. He is a type4 God! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Nov 24 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #3

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

If you're keeping the L-jet, it's pretty much intolerant of hotter-than-stock camshafts (as is most modern FI). Stick with stock, and beware of cams that are claimed to be able to be used with EFI that are NOT the stock grind. You'll be chasing driveability issues forever ................. BTDT, and I see this all the time ............ The Cap'n
+Quote Post
oilhammer
post Nov 24 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,583

Hey Root, I know, I know. That would be great but right now, I don't want to dig a hole that deep what with the time involved, or that I perceive is involved in the conversion. Plus, I know that flat six of whatever size is either tired or valuable but not both. I would want to do it right. Maybe when the kids move out! The suggestion was worth a smile anyhow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hey Cap'n, I had a 1.7 with D-jet, did a cam and you are right, all kinds of inconsistency due to varying manifold pressure, particularly at idle. I was thinking the L-jet would be more tolerant as long as the cam is mild since it measures actual airflow instead of trying to figure out air intake by manifold pressure. Or, does the airflow meter flutter too much at idle? Welcome your thoughts.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:57 PM