Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dash face material, What should i do?
Dave-O
post Nov 25 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #1

Is winter done yet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

Hey all,
Anyone who saw my car at the MWC knows my dash needs some help. I'm going to eliminate the radio and glove box because i love the nice clean look of the dash face. I don't really like the original basket weave too much. Other options i've considered are: brushed aluminum/stainless, aluminum painted gloss black (my gauge panel is already matched to the body color) and carbon fiber.

Anyway, the reason i'm posting is i had a bit of an epiphany tonight. I really dig the vintage race look and what defines that more in 914's than the GT's? The GT's had felt on the dash with no lower dash pad. I had considered this but thought it was a little too bare bones for a street car. How do you think a felt dash face would look with a lower dash pad? I thought I could even incorporate a felt "strip" on the door panels that was inline with the dash face. Has anybody done this or seen a car that had this. I'm just after your opinions whether they're (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dave-O   Dash face material   Nov 25 2004, 12:29 AM
rick 918-S   My look nice. Do you have any GT dash photos to po...   Nov 25 2004, 12:43 AM
type47fan   Check Armando Serrano's excellent webpage. He...   Nov 25 2004, 10:48 AM
curtis   I have the felt on my dash with the knee pad insta...   Nov 25 2004, 01:20 PM
Dave-O   Here is the pic of a real GT dash. curtis, a pic ...   Nov 25 2004, 10:53 PM
Aaron Cox   brushed aluminum to match my prototipo wheel :wub...   Nov 25 2004, 10:57 PM
VegasRacer   Carbon Fiber. :trophy: The brushed aluminum dash...   Nov 26 2004, 12:35 AM
Dave-O  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:18 PM