Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grommet search, info and WTB
malcolm2
post May 7 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

I need to find the grommet that protects the ground wire running to the master cylinder. The sheet metal hole is round and about 1" in diameter. The grommet has a small hole for the single wire and a "neck". I have asked 914Rubber, and he is looking into it. I can't find a part # on any exploded view drawings. The grommet used for the brake lines and fuel lines might work, but it is oval shaped.

Photos below. After I find out if this is available, I suppose I will convert this to a WTB post.

Thanks, Clark

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type47
post May 7 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #2

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

One thing I do when I'm lookin' for stuff like this is to search in VW parts. I did a search at cip1 for "grommets" and found this:

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?sea...w=25&page=1

one looks similar to what you're after; doubt it's the same one but you get the idea. Once you get the part number, it's easier. Second is to start looking around for alternatives that will make do.

another place I look at is: busdepot.com, autoatlanta.com
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post May 7 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yes, the ones from Cip1.com are the correct ones. Look at the PET and you will find the VW numbers.
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post May 8 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 7 2013, 04:49 PM) *

Yes, the ones from Cip1.com are the correct ones. Look at the PET and you will find the VW numbers.

Good to know. But they have a minimum order of $25, before shipping and a minimum shipping of $11. Their part number is not a VW number. I called my VW dealer. I need to come up with about $95 worth of stuff to buy to cover both requirements.

I found some East Coast VW dot com stores and I found the part number. At least I hope it is the #. 111971905. my VW dealer had it for 7.14 and busdepot.com for $1.19 so I bought 2. $2 for shipping and I save the gas.

Mid America Motor works had a good photo at this link. Part # 111 971 905
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:51 PM