Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grommet search
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I need to find the grommet that protects the ground wire running to the master cylinder. The sheet metal hole is round and about 1" in diameter. The grommet has a small hole for the single wire and a "neck". I have asked 914Rubber, and he is looking into it. I can't find a part # on any exploded view drawings. The grommet used for the brake lines and fuel lines might work, but it is oval shaped.

Photos below. After I find out if this is available, I suppose I will convert this to a WTB post.

Thanks, Clark

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

type47
One thing I do when I'm lookin' for stuff like this is to search in VW parts. I did a search at cip1 for "grommets" and found this:

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?sea...w=25&page=1

one looks similar to what you're after; doubt it's the same one but you get the idea. Once you get the part number, it's easier. Second is to start looking around for alternatives that will make do.

another place I look at is: busdepot.com, autoatlanta.com
914Sixer
Yes, the ones from Cip1.com are the correct ones. Look at the PET and you will find the VW numbers.
malcolm2
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 7 2013, 04:49 PM) *

Yes, the ones from Cip1.com are the correct ones. Look at the PET and you will find the VW numbers.

Good to know. But they have a minimum order of $25, before shipping and a minimum shipping of $11. Their part number is not a VW number. I called my VW dealer. I need to come up with about $95 worth of stuff to buy to cover both requirements.

I found some East Coast VW dot com stores and I found the part number. At least I hope it is the #. 111971905. my VW dealer had it for 7.14 and busdepot.com for $1.19 so I bought 2. $2 for shipping and I save the gas.

Mid America Motor works had a good photo at this link. Part # 111 971 905
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.