Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Erratic tach in sync with generator idiot light, Now what???
Rbcm2005
post May 8 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,003
Region Association: Northern California

So we took our first extended trip in our 914 today from Redding down to Sonoma to have our GT flares installed at Original Customs. All in all about a four hour trip. All was good for the first ten minutes but then suddenly no tach. Then I noticed that the tach would wave around wildly and at the same time that the generator light would gradually light up and then dim out. Also the turn signal indicator stopped working.

After several minutes the tach would calm down and work again and then at that point the gen light would go out. The signal indicators never did get back to operating properly. Throughout all of this the car itself continued to operate, starting and restarting, cruising down the highway, up and down the hills just fine.

Any ideas as to what is up?

As always - thanks for all the help.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rbcm2005
post May 9 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,003
Region Association: Northern California

Bump for a little help...

Also, one other symptom that I forgot. As soon as I tap the brakes the tach drops like a rock to zero and then resumes operating as soon as the brake pedal is released.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post May 9 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

blown fuse (#4 from the right I think), or bad tach wire connection at the coil. Why don't you just have mark fix it?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 12:51 AM