Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erratic tach in sync with generator idiot light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rbcm2005
So we took our first extended trip in our 914 today from Redding down to Sonoma to have our GT flares installed at Original Customs. All in all about a four hour trip. All was good for the first ten minutes but then suddenly no tach. Then I noticed that the tach would wave around wildly and at the same time that the generator light would gradually light up and then dim out. Also the turn signal indicator stopped working.

After several minutes the tach would calm down and work again and then at that point the gen light would go out. The signal indicators never did get back to operating properly. Throughout all of this the car itself continued to operate, starting and restarting, cruising down the highway, up and down the hills just fine.

Any ideas as to what is up?

As always - thanks for all the help.

beerchug.gif

Rbcm2005
Bump for a little help...

Also, one other symptom that I forgot. As soon as I tap the brakes the tach drops like a rock to zero and then resumes operating as soon as the brake pedal is released.
TheCabinetmaker
blown fuse (#4 from the right I think), or bad tach wire connection at the coil. Why don't you just have mark fix it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.