Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jumping mark timing the motor, worn distributer
DJsRepS
post Nov 25 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,060

I under stand the relation between the timing mark jumping and worn distributer. I have heard of the distributer shaft so wobbley that the rotor would hit the cap. Well mine is nothing like that. I can detect a tiny ammount of play by hand so small I thought it was in the advance part. I would like to get the timing mark rock solid. A. Get my dist rebuilt? B. Would an eletronic point eleminator fix it with out the dist rebuild. C. If so what is the cheapest solution? (i would like to run my blue Bosch coil with it)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Nov 25 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mine was so wobbley that my mark could hardly be seen so I installed a Pertronics electronic ignition. Helps a whole helluva lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Happy Turkey day & good luck

.....b (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Nov 25 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Cheapest option would be to rebuild it yourself, but without the proper tools and skills, this is beyond most home mechanics. Next would be a Pertronix at about $100. Should be available from most parts stores (including NAPA). Finally, most parts stores can get a rebuilt dizzy for about $150 if I remember correctly.

Get the Pertronix. Just make sure your wiring is correct. Burning points is one thing. Burning eletroic ignition is no fun.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:58 PM