Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jumping mark timing the motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DJsRepS
I under stand the relation between the timing mark jumping and worn distributer. I have heard of the distributer shaft so wobbley that the rotor would hit the cap. Well mine is nothing like that. I can detect a tiny ammount of play by hand so small I thought it was in the advance part. I would like to get the timing mark rock solid. A. Get my dist rebuilt? B. Would an eletronic point eleminator fix it with out the dist rebuild. C. If so what is the cheapest solution? (i would like to run my blue Bosch coil with it)
Bruce Allert
Mine was so wobbley that my mark could hardly be seen so I installed a Pertronics electronic ignition. Helps a whole helluva lot. smile.gif Happy Turkey day & good luck

.....b beer.gif
McMark
Cheapest option would be to rebuild it yourself, but without the proper tools and skills, this is beyond most home mechanics. Next would be a Pertronix at about $100. Should be available from most parts stores (including NAPA). Finally, most parts stores can get a rebuilt dizzy for about $150 if I remember correctly.

Get the Pertronix. Just make sure your wiring is correct. Burning points is one thing. Burning eletroic ignition is no fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.