Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creamsicle? Bumble Bee?, Grasshopper?
poorsche914
post May 19 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

During the Okteenerfest pre-run, Bob and I were talking about, well, yeah... 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) and the topic of the Can Am LE names came up. The window stickers for these cars don't mention Can Am or Limited Edition while the COAs usually mention CanAm Limited Edition with a few mentioning only Limited Edition.

Any ideas where the names Bumble Bee and Creamsicle (and Grasshopper) originated? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 19 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

With 914 enthusiasts.

The "Bumblebee" name was in use by the early 1990s; I remember hearing it used to describe the black/yellow LE cars as early as that.

I remember discussion on one of the 914 BBSes (this one/914club, or the dgi.net site, or possibly Rennlist/Porschelist) about what to call the other LEs. I think Jeff B. was one of the proponents of "Creamsicle" for the white/orange one, and he may very well have originated the "Grasshopper" label for the (possibly non-existent) white/green LEs.

I wouldn't be surprised if a search here would eventually turn up the thread(s) where these names were debated.

--DD
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post May 19 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #3

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2013, 06:24 PM) *
With 914 enthusiasts. ... I think Jeff B. was one of the proponents of "Creamsicle" for the white/orange one, and he may very well have originated the "Grasshopper" label for the (possibly non-existent) white/green LEs.

I wouldn't be surprised if a search here would eventually turn up the thread(s) where these names were debated.

--DD

Thanks, Dave.
I just spent the past few hours searching but didn't come up with any answers except for the fact that Jeff preferred "Limecicle" over "Grasshopper" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:29 AM