Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle? Bumble Bee?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
During the Okteenerfest pre-run, Bob and I were talking about, well, yeah... 914s rolleyes.gif and the topic of the Can Am LE names came up. The window stickers for these cars don't mention Can Am or Limited Edition while the COAs usually mention CanAm Limited Edition with a few mentioning only Limited Edition.

Any ideas where the names Bumble Bee and Creamsicle (and Grasshopper) originated? confused24.gif

driving.gif
Dave_Darling
With 914 enthusiasts.

The "Bumblebee" name was in use by the early 1990s; I remember hearing it used to describe the black/yellow LE cars as early as that.

I remember discussion on one of the 914 BBSes (this one/914club, or the dgi.net site, or possibly Rennlist/Porschelist) about what to call the other LEs. I think Jeff B. was one of the proponents of "Creamsicle" for the white/orange one, and he may very well have originated the "Grasshopper" label for the (possibly non-existent) white/green LEs.

I wouldn't be surprised if a search here would eventually turn up the thread(s) where these names were debated.

--DD
poorsche914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2013, 06:24 PM) *
With 914 enthusiasts. ... I think Jeff B. was one of the proponents of "Creamsicle" for the white/orange one, and he may very well have originated the "Grasshopper" label for the (possibly non-existent) white/green LEs.

I wouldn't be surprised if a search here would eventually turn up the thread(s) where these names were debated.

--DD

Thanks, Dave.
I just spent the past few hours searching but didn't come up with any answers except for the fact that Jeff preferred "Limecicle" over "Grasshopper" biggrin.gif

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.