Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I got my Title in the mail today!, Car Title Issues - look here
Rhodes71/914
post Nov 27 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

When I purchased my car off of ebay the seller said that it had a clear title. This was sort of true I guess. What the seller had was a bill of sale from an auction that they had received second hand. The car had been donated to Make-a-wish foundation of the Bay Area and the donating individual did not notarize the bill of sale when he gave it to the charity.

I was able to talk to that person directly (he had put his phone # on the bill of sale) and he was willing to do a new bill of sale and. transfer directly to me. A call to the California DMV tells me that there is over $300 in back registration fees and these would have to be paid in order to transfer the title, the car sat for 5 years but was never a non-op. That was half what I paid for the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Obviously the guy that donated the car didn't want to pay them. I though I was stuck.

After some searching I foundInternational Title Service in Nevada. For $150 and an affidavit from me stating that the vehicle was not stolen they sell the vehicle back to me. They use the state of Maine which does not title vehicles older than 1988. I got a bill of sale notarized, and a letter from Maine stating that they didn't title older than '88 vehicles.

This and a vin inspection at the Oregon DMV got me plates and a temporary registration. Today I got the actual Oregon Title and Registration in the mail.

Saved some money, and hassel. California can
:finger2:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Nov 27 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Member: Team NARP

Member No.: 1,844
Region Association: Southwest Region

That worked good. I tried the bonded title route which didn't cost too much, but took a looooooooong time and a bunch of paperwork.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Nov 27 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #3

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

I lost the right to title my car, because it had been haded over to Otto's like 3 years before, and never signed over.

Yeah.

M
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 02:25 PM