Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I got my Title in the mail today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
When I purchased my car off of ebay the seller said that it had a clear title. This was sort of true I guess. What the seller had was a bill of sale from an auction that they had received second hand. The car had been donated to Make-a-wish foundation of the Bay Area and the donating individual did not notarize the bill of sale when he gave it to the charity.

I was able to talk to that person directly (he had put his phone # on the bill of sale) and he was willing to do a new bill of sale and. transfer directly to me. A call to the California DMV tells me that there is over $300 in back registration fees and these would have to be paid in order to transfer the title, the car sat for 5 years but was never a non-op. That was half what I paid for the car ohmy.gif Obviously the guy that donated the car didn't want to pay them. I though I was stuck.

After some searching I foundInternational Title Service in Nevada. For $150 and an affidavit from me stating that the vehicle was not stolen they sell the vehicle back to me. They use the state of Maine which does not title vehicles older than 1988. I got a bill of sale notarized, and a letter from Maine stating that they didn't title older than '88 vehicles.

This and a vin inspection at the Oregon DMV got me plates and a temporary registration. Today I got the actual Oregon Title and Registration in the mail.

Saved some money, and hassel. California can
:finger2:
gregrobbins
That worked good. I tried the bonded title route which didn't cost too much, but took a looooooooong time and a bunch of paperwork.
redshift
I lost the right to title my car, because it had been haded over to Otto's like 3 years before, and never signed over.

Yeah.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.