Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shifting Issues, Upon closer examination?
Vysoc
post May 26 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Vysoc

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,737
Region Association: South East States

Hello World,

1975 914 2.0 D-Jet FI with GA '73 2.0 Engine.

Recently noticed a bit of slop in my shifter.....not wanting to go from 4th back to 3rd, going through the gate to get to 1st and getting 3rd.
So I have been reading other threads and thought cone screws may have come loose. Put the old girl up on jackstands yesterday and started at the rear. Cone screw on back was good, went to the firewall cone screw good and took the boot off of the shift rod and got a hand full of plastic, not only had the plastic sleeve coming through the firewall had fallen apart but the plastic pieces in the shift coupler were really toast.
I went to Pelican and ordered the shift bushing kit.

What I need is confirmation on how to remove the shift coupler to install the new bushings. On the end of the shift rod the only way to remove the shift coupler is to use a press to push the rod through?
I had another rod and checked it out but the PO had used a large bolt and the rod on the end was not there.

I am really looking forward to the prospect of having some great shifting soon. I can only imagine that the plastic was damaged the whole time I have owned my car and has been the reason that the shifting has been decent at best. I cannot wait to get the new parts in and really be able feel what gear I am actually grabbing. My 901 was refreshed years ago by OTTO (RIP), and I commented to him last year how I really like the feel of the transmission versus the 915 I had in my SC.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:47 PM