Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 71 that hasn't been on the road since 1977
GaroldShaffer
post Jun 2 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Yes, brought another one home. I had this deal worked out a while ago, but didn't have space to keep it until now. Yes, its a parts car with some nice parts. It is 4712909198 and was last plated in 1977.I don't know why it wasn't after that. The odo shows 74159 miles which I would believe to be original.

This 914 was sold last year from car auction to the guy I bought it from. Of course he never titled it in his name. So title still has last owners name on it. I found an old registration from 1973 and it has the same name as the owner that sold it via the auction company. Kind of cool I think. Also had original owners manual & the 4page install manual for the Motorola radio. I was amazed they were not eaten up by mice. Anyway I think I am going to write the past owner a short letter asking for some history on the car.

I really like finding these cars (parts cars & project cars) kind of like Indiana Jones of 914 only with out the people chasing me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Here are some pictures and yes I will update the vin data base tomorrow.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 12:23 AM