Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 that hasn't been on the road since 1977
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Yes, brought another one home. I had this deal worked out a while ago, but didn't have space to keep it until now. Yes, its a parts car with some nice parts. It is 4712909198 and was last plated in 1977.I don't know why it wasn't after that. The odo shows 74159 miles which I would believe to be original.

This 914 was sold last year from car auction to the guy I bought it from. Of course he never titled it in his name. So title still has last owners name on it. I found an old registration from 1973 and it has the same name as the owner that sold it via the auction company. Kind of cool I think. Also had original owners manual & the 4page install manual for the Motorola radio. I was amazed they were not eaten up by mice. Anyway I think I am going to write the past owner a short letter asking for some history on the car.

I really like finding these cars (parts cars & project cars) kind of like Indiana Jones of 914 only with out the people chasing me. laugh.gif

Here are some pictures and yes I will update the vin data base tomorrow.
gms
I told you that was an old IL plate!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Jun 2 2013, 09:45 PM) *

I told you that was an old IL plate!

You were correct sir. beerchug.gif
TC 914-8
Pretty cool find
Engine and trans in it too?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jun 2 2013, 10:11 PM) *

Pretty cool find
Engine and trans in it too?

Yep. Engine is missing a few things and before anyone asks I will make sure if it is a limited slip trans or not. shades.gif

gms
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 2 2013, 10:17 PM) *

Yep. Engine is missing a few things and before anyone asks I will make sure if it is a limited slip trans or not. shades.gif

biggrin.gif
Keep or Cut-up?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Jun 2 2013, 10:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 2 2013, 10:17 PM) *

biggrin.gif
Keep or Cut-up?

We can sawzall-smiley.gif if you still need metal for your project(s) shades.gif
reharvey
Miss those days when I would drag home another parts car to disassemble and sell. Looks llike a great parts car! Have fun!
JawjaPorsche
You said "didn't have space to keep it until now." Wow! By the looks of your garage you still don't have space. You look like a 914 hoarder like some members on this forum. Your wife must be very understanding. beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 3 2013, 07:11 AM) *

You said "didn't have space to keep it until now." Wow! By the looks of your garage you still don't have space. You look like a 914 hoarder like some members on this forum. Your wife must be very understanding. beerchug.gif

confused24.gif What, I don't have a 914 problem. shades.gif Yes, I am very lucky to have a wife that understands my sickness. Only rule is she must be able to park her car in the garage and she can. She has the rest of the house to do what she wants the garage (and shed) are mine.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 3 2013, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 3 2013, 07:11 AM) *

confused24.gif What, I don't have a 914 problem. shades.gif Yes, I am very lucky to have a wife that understands my sickness. Only rule is she must be able to park her car in the garage and she can. She has the rest of the house to do what she wants the garage (and shed) are mine.

Recognizing that you have a problem is the first step! Denial is not a city in India. It is a good problem to have however! beerchug.gif
porschefile2010
What I can't work out is how a car can be left to deteriorate like that having been driven for just 6 years. It has to have been just left outside for a big chunk of the time since and let go. Why do people do that?
billh1963
I'm liking that trailer! smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Jun 3 2013, 08:26 PM) *

Where 914's go to die behead.gif

Not always. The yellow 73 in the back ground was a unfinished project car I bought last fall. Hopefully by the end of June I will be done with it and have a nice runner for sale.

Also my blue 73 was a non runner last year. It had not been on the road in about 5 years. I now drive it everyday that I can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.