Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ride height, is there a measurement
Mueller
post Dec 1 2004, 01:23 PM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jwalters @ Dec 1 2004, 10:50 AM)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) quite the contrary there mueller (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ---add rubber does not make the shock "bottom" out. They effectively decrease the damping rate, read: softer. As in , the more coils you add to a spring, the softer it gets. Remember, they are hollow, and as designed, they "squish" quite well. Take into context the problem with which this gentleman is trying to alter. He wants to make it ride the best he can with what he already HAS to work with. What would be the most simple, inexpensive solution, well, the one I mentioned. Experience rides here my friend--that is what I run--and it works very well with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

But remember: to each his own, what works for one and not the other does not make them both wrong. Have a red stripe on me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

sounds like you are adding rubber "tender" springs, not additional bump stops, if so, then your solution will work, but it is not an ideal solution since the suspension will bottom out (or can depending on height of "rubber" springs and compression)

with your method, you are changing the rate of the torsion bars since for a few inches of travel (if you have that much) the torsion bars are getting a free ride and not having to support as much vehicle weight

i'd have to see a picture of the parts...sure it works, but there are better methods that don't cost a bunch to implement.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:07 PM