Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Review: California Car Covers Dustop Cover
PRS914-6
post Jun 5 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

It has been 5 years since I bought this cover. The goal: a dust stopping indoor cover that was kind to a high-end black paint job. Price was $220.81 with tax, shipping and dual mirror pockets

The cover worked as advertised for the first several years but I have noticed more and more dust the last couple of years. I chalked it up to sitting too much and dirt working upwards. However, I came to the conclusion that it is the fabric that is now breaking down and shedding dust. When I uncover the car it looks bad. I called California Car Covers and they now tell me that this is normal for these covers even stored inside like mine.

So if you are thinking of one of these be prepared for a relatively short service life. The cover still looks fine but the car is dusty when it is removed. I ordered a different cover.

Shop carefully.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 6 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

For an indoor cover the good ole fashioned cotton flannel ones work best & last almost forever, without the synthetic fabric breaking down into that "dust" - IMHO.

A few places still sell them. Wolf used to sell them with the "ears" for mirrors - not sure about now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 07:43 AM