Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Review: California Car Covers Dustop Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
It has been 5 years since I bought this cover. The goal: a dust stopping indoor cover that was kind to a high-end black paint job. Price was $220.81 with tax, shipping and dual mirror pockets

The cover worked as advertised for the first several years but I have noticed more and more dust the last couple of years. I chalked it up to sitting too much and dirt working upwards. However, I came to the conclusion that it is the fabric that is now breaking down and shedding dust. When I uncover the car it looks bad. I called California Car Covers and they now tell me that this is normal for these covers even stored inside like mine.

So if you are thinking of one of these be prepared for a relatively short service life. The cover still looks fine but the car is dusty when it is removed. I ordered a different cover.

Shop carefully.....
Tom_T
For an indoor cover the good ole fashioned cotton flannel ones work best & last almost forever, without the synthetic fabric breaking down into that "dust" - IMHO.

A few places still sell them. Wolf used to sell them with the "ears" for mirrors - not sure about now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.