Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When your balls fall out, CV fun and transmission install practice
rjames
post Jun 10 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Go my transmission rebuilt by the good Dr. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) and went to install it this weekend. Got it installed, and after re-attaching the half shafts/CVs and the starter, I got to the part where I am supposed to reinstall the clutch cable and I realized that I forgot to install the clutch fork. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Pulled the transmission and when I went to move one of the half shafts out of the way, I extended the CV to far and a few of the balls fell out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) All of the threads I found on here said they can't be put back together without pulling the axles. I'm happy to report they can, it just may take an hour or so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Thankfully, the CVs only have a few hundred miles on them so I wasn't worried about wear/ needing to inspect them.

Got the transmission in the 2nd time without issue. I think I could do it in my sleep now.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
6freak
post Jun 10 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #2

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Go my transmission rebuilt by the good Dr. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) and went to install it this weekend. Got it installed, and after re-attaching the half shafts/CVs and the starter, I got to the part where I am supposed to reinstall the clutch cable and I realized that I forgot to install the clutch fork. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Pulled the transmission and when I went to move one of the half shafts out of the way, I extended the CV to far and a few of the balls fell out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) All of the threads I found on here said they can't be put back together without pulling the axles. I'm happy to report they can, it just may take an hour or so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Thankfully, the CVs only have a few hundred miles on them so I wasn't worried about wear/ needing to inspect them.

Got the transmission in the 2nd time without issue. I think I could do it in my sleep now.

next time wrap them up in an old pair of underware ya got the ass blowd otta (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
rjames
post Jun 10 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #3

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467

QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 10 2013, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Pulled the transmission and when I went to move one of the half shafts out of the way, I extended the CV to far and a few of the balls fell out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) All of the threads I found on here said they can't be put back together without pulling the axles. I'm happy to report they can, it just may take an hour or so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Thankfully, the CVs only have a few hundred miles on them so I wasn't worried about wear/ needing to inspect them.

next time wrap them up in an old pair of underware ya got the ass blowd otta (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

That's where they are normally. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 11:46 AM