Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When your balls fall out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Go my transmission rebuilt by the good Dr. first.gif and went to install it this weekend. Got it installed, and after re-attaching the half shafts/CVs and the starter, I got to the part where I am supposed to reinstall the clutch cable and I realized that I forgot to install the clutch fork. headbang.gif slap.gif

Pulled the transmission and when I went to move one of the half shafts out of the way, I extended the CV to far and a few of the balls fell out. hissyfit.gif All of the threads I found on here said they can't be put back together without pulling the axles. I'm happy to report they can, it just may take an hour or so. mad.gif Thankfully, the CVs only have a few hundred miles on them so I wasn't worried about wear/ needing to inspect them.

Got the transmission in the 2nd time without issue. I think I could do it in my sleep now.
6freak
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Go my transmission rebuilt by the good Dr. first.gif and went to install it this weekend. Got it installed, and after re-attaching the half shafts/CVs and the starter, I got to the part where I am supposed to reinstall the clutch cable and I realized that I forgot to install the clutch fork. headbang.gif slap.gif

Pulled the transmission and when I went to move one of the half shafts out of the way, I extended the CV to far and a few of the balls fell out. hissyfit.gif All of the threads I found on here said they can't be put back together without pulling the axles. I'm happy to report they can, it just may take an hour or so. mad.gif Thankfully, the CVs only have a few hundred miles on them so I wasn't worried about wear/ needing to inspect them.

Got the transmission in the 2nd time without issue. I think I could do it in my sleep now.

next time wrap them up in an old pair of underware ya got the ass blowd otta lol-2.gif
rjames
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 10 2013, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Pulled the transmission and when I went to move one of the half shafts out of the way, I extended the CV to far and a few of the balls fell out. hissyfit.gif av-943.gif All of the threads I found on here said they can't be put back together without pulling the axles. I'm happy to report they can, it just may take an hour or so. mad.gif Thankfully, the CVs only have a few hundred miles on them so I wasn't worried about wear/ needing to inspect them.

next time wrap them up in an old pair of underware ya got the ass blowd otta lol-2.gif

That's where they are normally. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.