Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First peak behind passenger seat, Rear window question
Rhodes71/914
post Dec 1 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #21

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

Last one, from underneath looking up

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Dec 1 2004, 08:47 PM
Post #22

Glacier

Ok I lied, had to throw the battery tray in.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Dec 2 2004, 03:59 AM
Post #23

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

That doesn't look too awful Sean, but I'm serious about checking the seatbelt attach points. Easy way to check is to take a wrench to the mounting bolt and crack it loose, if you don't hear any crunching it should be okay. It's definitely worth checking though.

I was totally shocked....more like pissed, when I went to change out my carpet. But I guess it's better to find out that the seatbelts were rusted out that way, than to find out when I actually needed them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Dec 2 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #24

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

QUOTE(Special_K @ Dec 2 2004, 05:59 AM)
But I guess it's better to find out that the seatbelts were rusted out that way, than to find out when I actually needed them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

ho ho ho.... and let me tell you that the outcome would be about the same, either way..

ha ha ha..

heh

M
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 2 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #25

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

That rust on your firewall is from the hell hole problem you've found not your rear window.

That black tape "is" stock as a few have mentioned here. It's not an attempt to fix a leak. It actually masks the view of the back side of your back pad from the outside. Factory is about 1" electrical tape. Good luck trying to find it in that width. I once went to a 3M supplier outside of Philly and they would cut you a roll in virtually any size you want.

Old butyl tape should simply fall out if it's that hard. Try a 1" putty knife or a fat screwdriver. Both of the ones I did had the butyl literally fall out.

You asked what held it in: The butyl tape seals it but the actual "interior pieces" of the car hold in the window. The roll bar padding on the top and sides. On the bottom it should sit on a couple rubber pads.

Here's a thread I started on the subject that should take you through it step by step:

Click Here

Good luck.
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Dec 2 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #26

Glacier

That doesn't look too awful Sean, but I'm serious about checking the seatbelt attach points. Easy way to check is to take a wrench to the mounting bolt and crack it loose, if you don't hear any crunching it should be okay. It's definitely worth checking though.

Forgot to mention that that I pulled the seat belt bolt on the pass side and then pulled the carpet back a bit there. Everything looked fine, nice and solid. Still have to do the drivers side but so far it looks good there as well.

Thanks for the tip everyone.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:52 AM