Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted Photo of 914-6 oil cooler, 90 deg mod
Eric_Shea
post Dec 1 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #21

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

That ain't more than a couple of tank fulls away from Vegas

There and back... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Dec 8 2004, 06:49 AM
Post #22

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Back on the original topic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have the later style oil cooler. It has a threaded fitting attached to the bottom of the cooler.

Are my options the same as what was listed on pg1 or do I need to have it modified by someone?

Also, my engine doesn't have the rigid 911 oil lines with it. Any issues with just using a longer hose and new fittings? Where is a good place to get the fittings for the oil lines, NAPA? What do I need?

Thanks
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 8 2004, 08:05 AM
Post #23

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Dec 8 2004, 04:49 AM)
I have the later style oil cooler. It has a threaded fitting attached to the bottom of the cooler.

Are my options the same as what was listed on pg1 or do I need to have it modified by someone?

No, you've got a early style oil cooler. The later coolers don't have a threaded fitting, just a flanged tube. If you can find a quality welding shop, see if they could detatch the end of the threaded tube, and bend it 90 degrees (toward the front of the car) and then re-attach it to the cooler.

Did you get my PM about the flywheel and clutch? I've also got OEM style oil lines.

Unless you've got AN fittings, you won't find Porsche type oil line fittings at any NAPA store.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Dec 8 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #24

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I thought the early type was a barbed push on type (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) DO you have a guy that can do this mod? I'll ask around, maybe a radiator shop can do the work. The oil cooler is made of aluminum right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

I think I will be holding off on the new clutch for now. Maybe in the spring but I will keep your info handy for when I do.

Do you make the oil lines? I think my OEM tank has been changed to AN fittings. I need to look closer at the fitting to see which type it is.

I can make A/C hose in my garage and since the A/C system operates at a higher pressure the crimp should be adequate for the oil system. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

I just need to get the correct fitting to crimp.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:35 AM