Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got my new muffler...should sound pretty good :), for my /4 European Racing headers
jwalters
post Dec 2 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #21

Sooo Close.......

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Hey man, I must say that those headers do look awesome!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 2 2004, 09:37 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Dec 2 2004, 02:29 AM)
Last year, I bought a system almost identical to that one off ebay; it was sold by European Motorworks in Hawthorne. Don't know if they still make/sell it anymore but I seem to remember paying around $250 for the complete system; the bracket that holds the muffler is different and the merged collector is held to the primary tubes with springs. It came covered in some sort of zinc plating that had to be blasted off before the ceramic coating could be applied (another $100) to the stub tubes, pipes and muffler. Some day I might even install it but right now, I'm thinking of installing a pair of NOS heat exchangers that I also scored on ebay and then had ceramic coated. I keep collecting parts for the car but have lately lacked the motivation to go get the car at the mother-in-law's and drive it home to work on it (it's only the wife and me and the teener is our #4 car). That's what retirement and winter will do to you!

Ron

you probebly bought the header I sent back to them, I didn't care for the quality and the stub pipes looked like they had been fabbed by a 5 year old
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 2 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

ahhhhhh, much nicer now with the new muffler, i don't feel bad letting the car idle in the driveway at 10pm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

engine needs a tune up (missing and bucking a bit) so i didn't get a chance to flog it to see how it really sounds when I open it up...
+Quote Post
MXMARK
post Dec 2 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,656

Mueller, I have one of these on my 2.5l 4. I like the way it fits and sounds. Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Dec 2 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

Right on! I can't wait to hear it on Sunday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:40 AM