Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EvilWerks, should it go to downloadable DVDs?
Rand
post Jun 26 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #21

Cross Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 09:58 PM) *

Make sure not to take the good natured ribbing foisted upon me here as actual dickheadedness. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sandbox guys are leaking into the general population (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oh no, I get that. That's all you dickheads got?

And I was in Scotty's loft with a can of WD40. The sweet mist was so rewarding. So subtle.... Yet..... Mysterious. You've never seen orange peel like this before.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
speed metal army
post Jun 26 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #22

Waiting for the rain to stop...

Member No.: 12,137
Region Association: Canada

Never mind the downloadable DVD. Go all the way!
We want the Star Trek Transporter deal. Evil just appears! SHZZZZZ!! Materializes before your very eyes to rectify your transaxle woes/building.Way better!
Also if Leonard Nemoy could work the controls, that would be an obvious plus. Obviously. Can someone photoshop this to stir up support of this excellent idea? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
BajaXJ92
post Jun 27 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #23

Extended Member

Member No.: 5,895
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 12:58 AM) *

Sandbox guys are leaking onto the general population

Last time that happened, everyone ended up with a citation and Scotty had to repaint a Buick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jun 27 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #24

Cross Member

QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Jun 26 2013, 11:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 12:58 AM) *

Sandbox guys are leaking onto the general population

Last time that happened, everyone ended up with a citation and Scotty had to repaint a Buick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As I recall, he had to do a job for the Count because Chumlee wanted hydraulics! LOL.
+Quote Post
Woody
post Jun 27 2013, 06:22 AM
Post #25

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:57 PM) *

Its OK, they are Canadian. Up there, they do not have to were the helmets wherever they go, and they have internet access.

I am not canadian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 26 2013, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:03 PM) *

Rand, I have been drinking, but your post makes no sense to me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

LMFAO.

Of course it never will, you fucking drunk ass.

We can talk tomorrow after Troy and Woody have smelled your farts.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 27 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #26

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Woody posted? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Woody
post Jun 27 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 09:29 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Jun 27 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #28

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

Use PORSHSTER.com ...digital product capability...:-)
+Quote Post
MDG
post Jun 27 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #29

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

ya' know . . . I have no idea what this thread is even about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) But in reading it through, I actually understood everything Rand said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jun 27 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #30

Cross Member

QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2013, 11:35 AM) *

ya' know . . . I have no idea what this thread is even about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) But in reading it through, I actually understood everything Rand said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

If you want to talk out your mouth instead your ass we can be less unsure.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Jun 27 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #31

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 27 2013, 03:01 PM) *

Right. That wasn't even English.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jun 27 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:10 AM) *

I am just a simple country physician. I am not an internet savvy, virtual 1s and 0s person. I have my transmission DVD set for sale, but I am always having to burn them and ship them and the physical manifestation of them requires that I have overhead. Many people have suggested that I make them downloadable, but I am pretty clueless as to how. I see the upside of lower cost, quicker reception of the product by the customer, and cheaper for those abroad as I have shipped as far as Estonia, Australia, etc. Piracy can happen with a hard copy so I am not to concerned about this.

So, I own EvilWerks.com as a domain name, but I have no actual site. How would I best go about creating a site and making my 2 disk DVD set downloadable to the public after they paid for it???

Yes people can pirate it either way, but digitizing it for them makes it a whole lot easier.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 27 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 27 2013, 03:52 PM) *

I am just a simple country physician. I am not an internet savvy, virtual 1s and 0s person. I have my transmission DVD set for sale, but I am always having to burn them and ship them and the physical manifestation of them requires that I have overhead. Many people have suggested that I make them downloadable, but I am pretty clueless as to how. I see the upside of lower cost, quicker reception of the product by the customer, and cheaper for those abroad as I have shipped as far as Estonia, Australia, etc. Piracy can happen with a hard copy so I am not to concerned about this.

So, I own EvilWerks.com as a domain name, but I have no actual site. How would I best go about creating a site and making my 2 disk DVD set downloadable to the public after they paid for it???

Yes people can pirate it either way, but digitizing it for them makes it a whole lot easier.

While I am awesome, and while my awesomeness can be enjoyed by all audiences, I am not all too worried about a few 914 owners that may pirate a copy of my DVDs. We are a small niche, and most of us are honest and know one another. It is worth the risk of losing some copies to pirates in order to make it more available to our community as a whole.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 27 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2013, 03:43 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) dafuk?
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jun 27 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 12:20 PM) *

While I am awesome, and while my awesomeness can be enjoyed by all audiences, I am not all too worried about a few 914 owners that may pirate a copy of my DVDs. We are a small niche, and most of us are honest and know one another. It is worth the risk of losing some copies to pirates in order to make it more available to our community as a whole.

I say go for it then! I actually would have prefered a digital copy when I bought mine, it does make things a lot easier/faster
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Jun 27 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #36

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Wow, how about you entering the digital age. Whats next? No more bloodletting of patients? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Jun 27 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #37

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

OK, I got 10,000 bootleg copies of the Dr's video ready to ship. I'll pay $5 to everyone that wants one.

That should kill the value of the video... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

Just Kidding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I think it's a great idea to make them downloadable. That makes my Vintage collector DVD worth more money! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
+Quote Post
Woody
post Jun 27 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2013, 02:43 PM) *

He used a Canadian accent.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jun 27 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #39

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 28 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Too easy to bate you, Scotty. What took you so long?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:04 AM