Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Relocating to Grants Pass, OR
relentless
post Jun 28 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,636

Shoguneagle, the Grants Pass "Back to the 50's" cruise is coming up on July 27th, are you going to be in town? Doesn't match Reno's HAN but it is pretty cool. Last time I actually participated I was pretty lucky to have a friend who let me drive a '53 Mercedes Benz DS, pre-war body style saloon. Here's a picture for those who might wonder what this car looks like.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 28 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #22

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Knox
post Jun 28 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #23

MikeTuba

Member No.: 1,258
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 28 2013, 06:18 AM) *

try the drive from cave junction down the north fork of the smith river. beware of large rocks laying in the road just around the next corner.

I used to regularly drive my 914 on this road to the coast to do underwriting assessments for insurance companies. For a time at Patrick's Creek there was a huge project to prevent landslides.

I used to voluntarily park and wait, then ask the flagger if I could be first in line when it was time to let another batch of cars through. I was guaranteed a clear road for at least 15 minutes of glorious road hugging curvy speed.

YEE HAW!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Mike
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jun 28 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #24

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

Mike, where have you been?
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Jun 28 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #25

shoguneagle

Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

It is hard to play to this crowd!!!! I grew up south of Grants Pass in Northern California (Lake and Mendo countries; yes, the lower half of the the pot fields); I guess there are "red necks here" but there are alot of retired military, young and middle age workabees, etc. Just a nice variety of people and all ages.

I spent all my life living in California until I retired at 63 and moved to Flagstaff for eight years. I even called California my home during all the military duty years (27yrs plus in regular and reserve status).

Grants Pass gives me a littlle of what I had as a youngster including what the wine industry was like in the Napa Valley before a lot of you were born. It comprised of family owned vineyards along with several large producers; only in the later years, the valley became social and large amounts of money.

I have a little bit of everything which gives me what I call "Heaven"!!!

I really enjoyed Flagstaff and it offered Sandy and I great involvement in the community, cars, astronomy, etc. Only the ice, snow, altitude, and rocks finally got me to move; along with having open heart surgery.

I think I have found my space and will get to see how many cousins are in the PNW and Northern California. These are ones I have never met; probably those "rednecks" being mentioned.

Anyone is welcome to drop by for a visit and there is a place to stay. We have an "open door" for everyone.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jun 28 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #26

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) Steve!
+Quote Post
Mike Knox
post Jun 29 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #27

MikeTuba

Member No.: 1,258
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 28 2013, 04:06 PM) *

Mike, where have you been?

Still here, just lurking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) In that stage of life where the older generation is passing, so lots of family business to deal with. Rehabing the house I inherited from my mom (my accountant brothers took the cash, me a social worker, wanted the house for my son and his family). Traveling, closing my business and nearing retirement. Doing A LOT of music these days.

914 content:

RMS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) went out on my 3.2 conversion, need to beef up the alternator to handle heavier electric load, electric trunk release failed, need to figure that out. Need to fix some areas where the paint job crazed. Collecting 914-6 gears so I can go to a Evilwerks Transmission Clinic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) and rebuild my transmission to handle the 3.2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif).

But I'm here (more or less).

Thanks for asking!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Mike
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jun 29 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #28

Good to hear from you. I have two side shifter trans I would like to rebuild also. Take care and check in every now and then. In Medford right now, the wife wanted to do some shopping so here iam. The "Klamath Kruise" is going on this weekend at home. They added a huge swamp meet area at veterans park on friday (yesterday) this year. Not one porsche part that I saw. All hotrod stuff!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:23 PM