Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sealants-the last 1 I ever use, I see much ?? about which one
jwalters
post Dec 2 2004, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Sooo Close.......

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I have seen a tremendous amount of tech questions related to sealants. I have come across one, ( actually pointed out to me by a very, very old vw mechanic) quite a number of years ago.

It is a TOYOTA "seal packing" compound--P/N-00295-01281

It comes in a metal squeeze tube of 3.5 oz. each tube costs about 15 bucks. But this is what is so neat about it:

It plainly states on the tube " transaxle sealant" --but personally I can tell you that I have used this stuff on all manner except fuel related components. It is orange in color, and only slightly hardens when applied and torqued. Best of all, it only requires a skim coat ( just enough to see it) because it wets out the entire mating surface perfectly.

One tube has lasted me through 4 v-8 engine rebuilds, and it has paid for itself many times over.

Regular fluids, incl gasoline does not affect this stuff, and because it does not through harden, as parts heat and cool, the sealant stays intact.

That is just one thing I have picked up from being a gearhead and making good friends.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Dec 2 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) and here is another good one for fuel components--it is called PRC-8802

This is also an aviation grade sealant, two part---will absolutely positively seal any, ANY fuel related component for LIFE!!!

Goes on like hot cheese, dries to a rubber consistency, can be removed with elbow grease and a lexan sharpened scraper..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 2 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Go to the Yamaha Dealer, Buy a tube of Yamabond! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) I sealed a prussurized oil leak from the outside of the block on the 928. Got me through the summer. It's aluminum colored.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:45 AM