Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sub-par encounter with 914 driver
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 2 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #21

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

Well, maybe his wife was screwing the neighbor in the miata. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Carl
post Dec 2 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #22

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163
Region Association: Northern California

He probably stole it and thought you were the owner.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Dec 2 2004, 07:02 PM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I was busting around in the silver car last week and a guy in a 996 GT2 waved to me... I got closer to the car and noticed it had Conn plates on it. I KNEW a GT2 owner would NEVER acknowledge a 914 owner if he was from the SF bay area..LOL

Sooner later Jen we will run across this guy and give him a rash of shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

B
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Dec 2 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #24

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Well, we just won't send him an "Emergency Contact List". Then when he breaks down, we can all drive by laugh and point.

Sorry Jen, I forgot to mail you what I promised. Will try to get to it tomorrow!!
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Dec 2 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #25

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

A hottie in whatever she's driving pulls up next to me and isn't giving me the finger.......I'm going to ask her if she wants to go for coffee.......

Did you get his plate #?

Reasons to ignore Jenny.... (besides the one mentioned above)

Mabey he's a repo man (on the odd chance that some bank would use a 914 for collateral)

He's a priest...

Married...

Hates all women.....

He's a rabbit and late for a very important date....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
MattR
post Dec 2 2004, 07:58 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,589

I have to admit, I was driving my 912 around the streets and some goofy guy drove up in a camery and tried to give me the thumbs up. I just kinda ignored him. Ah, oh well. Im part of the whine and cheese group now, right? Im allowed to do this stuff.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 2 2004, 08:01 PM
Post #27

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 2 2004, 04:31 PM)
Either his wife was in the car behind him or he was gay....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
krk
post Dec 2 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 22

QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 04:18 PM)
So, I'm heading back to work after lunch and see this green 914 zip into traffic from a side street. I'm flooring my truck to catch up with it, and after awhile, we end up side by side at a red light. His top is off, windows up. I roll down my passenger window, give him a thumbs up sign, and say "Nice car." He gives me a sideways glance, lights his cigarette, and that's all!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) This guy thought he was hot shit! He gunned his car when the light turned green, only to roll up to another red light. Again, we're neck to neck. He rolls down his window this time. I'm thinking "Oh, maybe he wants to talk!" And he proceeds to ash his cigarette out the window. And light turns green, he guns it onto highway 85. WTF?!?!

Jen

Hey sorry Jen. I didn't recognize you. It's just that it happens all the time and it's getting a little tiring.

((IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif))

kim.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Dec 2 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #29

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 04:14 PM)
I thought 914s are not a real Porsche? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

In hindsight, I should have rolled down my window and screamed "That's not a real Porsche" or "Nice Fiat!"

Jen

Know the difference between Porsches and Porcupines??

Porcupines have the pricks on the outside!!

Maybe NotARealPorsche but ARealPrick!

Jerks can't be delineated by the car they drive, if they did they'd all be driving '76 Trans-Ams.
+Quote Post
PatW
post Dec 2 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #30

Wassup?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 317

QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 03:18 PM)
So, I'm heading back to work after lunch and see this green 914 zip into traffic from a side street. I'm flooring my truck to catch up with it, and after awhile, we end up side by side at a red light. His top is off, windows up. I roll down my passenger window, give him a thumbs up sign, and say "Nice car." He gives me a sideways glance, lights his cigarette, and that's all!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) This guy thought he was hot shit! He gunned his car when the light turned green, only to roll up to another red light. Again, we're neck to neck. He rolls down his window this time. I'm thinking "Oh, maybe he wants to talk!" And he proceeds to ash his cigarette out the window. And light turns green, he guns it onto highway 85. WTF?!?!

Jen

I've seen that dude a few times. He lives a few blocks away..
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Dec 2 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #31

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Maybe he just had a Hugh Grant and thats why the cigarette.
CCLINDIVINEBROWN
+Quote Post
wheelo
post Dec 3 2004, 01:52 AM
Post #32

Dude

Member No.: 1,818

Maybe ...he was ...ascared ... of the women-folk .... like youz one of them terrorist typez.... "better not make eye-contact" ... elsez you whooop his ass !

Nahhhh ........ bonehead deluxe !

I agree though, sometimes you just don't have time, or energy to talk for 15min about your car...again !

Had a older guy yell at me in the parkinglot @ Albertsons the other day. Couldn't hear him, as I was already in the car, I thought that he was pissed-off. Opened the door and said, "Huh ?".... he replied "what year"... " 73" I said. "Looks Real Nice"... says he... I am late to the office with my lunch on the front seat.... but hey...some old codger likes my car enough to shout-out, in front of his wife too! I am driving a dynomite dynosaur !

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
scooter311
post Dec 3 2004, 07:54 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,986

Funny thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The replies are killin' me here. Darn tootin' if a chickie tells me "nice car" I'm gonna ask her for coffee. She doesn't even have to say nice car, it could be "what kinda car is that", or "your head's on fire". Hell, just rolling down the window and glaring would make me to forget where I was going.
His 911 was in the shop getting the winter air put in his tires and he forgot what he was driving :dhead: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Mostly only other wierd car guys wave, like old dudes with handlebar mustaches and cabbie hats driving old, rusted green MGs.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 3 2004, 09:36 AM
Post #34

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I see PatW on the freeway now and then and I go out of my way to try and run him off the road.

Whenever someone waves at me when I'm driving a 914, the first thing I think of is that I'm dumping engine oil on the road, or my wheels are falling off. Paranoia.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Dec 3 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

Whenever someone waves at me when I'm driving a 914, the first thing I think of is that I'm dumping engine oil on the road, or my wheels are falling off. Paranoia.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Dec 3 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Oh, did I forget to mention it was all beat to hell? It wasn't like he was driving some prized car. Well, maybe if it's taken him three years to get it back on the road, he prizes it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Green with traces of either red, or rust. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I thought it was this guy I'd flagged down previously @ my work's parking lot (Michael Mann) who also has a late model green 914. That guy had even gone out of his way to go in my building and find the office I work at to say hi to me. Nope. Some other guy. What a let down!

And on the subject of going out for coffee and what not. I'd just wanted to say hi, nice car, and join the club. But after consulting with Brian on the subject matter, he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Jen
+Quote Post
Jeff Bonanno
post Dec 3 2004, 10:41 AM
Post #37

il dottore

Member No.: 636

nope. the consensus and Brian are dead-on correct.
+Quote Post
Brando
post Dec 3 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #38

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 3 2004, 08:36 AM)
...But after consulting with Brian on the subject matter, he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Nope. That's like saying "can't we just be friends?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Dec 3 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #39

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 3 2004, 08:36 AM)
Oh, did I forget to mention it was all beat to hell? It wasn't like he was driving some prized car. Well, maybe if it's taken him three years to get it back on the road, he prizes it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Green with traces of either red, or rust. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I thought it was this guy I'd flagged down previously @ my work's parking lot (Michael Mann) who also has a late model green 914. That guy had even gone out of his way to go in my building and find the office I work at to say hi to me. Nope. Some other guy. What a let down!

And on the subject of going out for coffee and what not. I'd just wanted to say hi, nice car, and join the club. But after consulting with Brian on the subject matter, he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Jen

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Are you KIDDING-----What planet are you on----that is what guys DO!!!

Like I said before--for the general male populace, men do NOT get the hits that women get---

Sooooo-when we get a Bump---we BUMP back...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
maf914
post Dec 3 2004, 12:00 PM
Post #40

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

Some time ago I was cruising down the interstate in the 914 doing about 75 mph and a sedan with four guys gradually passed me on the left. They were all looking at the car. As they went past the guy in the back seat gives me a "thumbs up". I thought that meant he liked the car so I waved a thanks, but now I wonder if he was hitting on me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Oh, well...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 06:16 PM