Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pic's Its 2D 4Pass SunRoof front trunk, Way smaller and older than my 914
bondo
post Dec 4 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #21

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

Here's a car I used to have. It's a Citicar, made in Florida. I am still the Nedra record holder for the 1/8 mile drag race in a Modified Production 49-72 volt electric car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/164a.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Dec 4 2004, 11:10 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

the little Fiat 500 you posted is the same 500 car I saw all over Italy back when I was there in about 1978. There were huge numbers of them in Rome. Although polluting by todays standards, they sure seem like a a sensible around town car that must have gotten great milage with 500cc's. They were even used on the highways, loaded with people. I recall all cars had a state issued metal tag maybe five inches wide on the rear bumber with a number that indicated the maximum legal speed for that type of car in km/hr! The fiat 500's had a fairly low maximumm allowed speed, something like 70 or 80 km/hr if I recall right. Large preformance sedans had pretty high numbers, but the bulk of the cars seemed to be small ones.

The Fiats 500's I was told by the locals, was the most loved car of the Italian's. The Italian "peoples car" That may or may not be true, but certainly they were the most common car in Rome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:57 PM