Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dumb Question of the Day!, Stainless Steel Fuel Line Replacement
JawjaPorsche
post Jul 10 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

Okay... if there is a wrong or hard way to do something, I am your man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I don't know if makes a difference or not but a lot of yall have done this so I am asking.

Does it matter which lines you put in first? The feed or return? I have watched the youtube video and it looks like you feed the right hole (feed) first.

Also the video has the motor out, what problems am I going to have with the engine in. Should I remove the right rear wheel?

Thank you in advance for your response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFRQTWLetw
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rotary'14
post Jul 10 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,977

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 10 2013, 12:54 PM) *

Okay... if there is a wrong or hard way to do something, I am your man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I don't know if makes a difference or not but a lot of yall have done this so I am asking.

Does it matter which lines you put in first? The feed or return? I have watched the youtube video and it looks like you feed the right hole (feed) first.

Also the video has the motor out, what problems am I going to have with the engine in. Should I remove the right rear wheel?

Thank you in advance for your response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFRQTWLetw

Wow! what a nice video,,,, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It is easier to install the lines together as a pair,,, the right side one goes partially in,, then the left side one. If you pushed the right one all the way in,, it will slightly interfere with the installation of the other one.
A whole lot of my customers have installed the lines with the engine in. You get the rear of the car as high as you can and it will be easier. The lines have enough flex in them to clear the engine bar.

-Robert

+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 10 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Take it slow. Get the car up in the air. Use new bushings if you can.
+Quote Post
worn
post Jul 11 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #4

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 10 2013, 06:49 PM) *

Take it slow. Get the car up in the air. Use new bushings if you can.

I am still welding the rust out of the tub but pretty soon I will be thinking about fuel lines. One of my patch panels happened to fall under the joint between metal lines and plastic. I have to give Porsche some credit - for plastic, they aren't bad till outside in the weather.

I noticed one thing. That tunnel even when the plates are on is wide open to the passenger compartment at the driver's feet. It is covered with carpet normally but if the steel plastic junction fails, that is where the gas will spill out. I think I will do this one careful style.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:13 PM