Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb Question of the Day!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
Okay... if there is a wrong or hard way to do something, I am your man. beer.gif

I don't know if makes a difference or not but a lot of yall have done this so I am asking.

Does it matter which lines you put in first? The feed or return? I have watched the youtube video and it looks like you feed the right hole (feed) first.

Also the video has the motor out, what problems am I going to have with the engine in. Should I remove the right rear wheel?

Thank you in advance for your response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFRQTWLetw
Rotary'14
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 10 2013, 12:54 PM) *

Okay... if there is a wrong or hard way to do something, I am your man. beer.gif

I don't know if makes a difference or not but a lot of yall have done this so I am asking.

Does it matter which lines you put in first? The feed or return? I have watched the youtube video and it looks like you feed the right hole (feed) first.

Also the video has the motor out, what problems am I going to have with the engine in. Should I remove the right rear wheel?

Thank you in advance for your response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFRQTWLetw

Wow! what a nice video,,,, biggrin.gif

It is easier to install the lines together as a pair,,, the right side one goes partially in,, then the left side one. If you pushed the right one all the way in,, it will slightly interfere with the installation of the other one.
A whole lot of my customers have installed the lines with the engine in. You get the rear of the car as high as you can and it will be easier. The lines have enough flex in them to clear the engine bar.

-Robert

EdwardBlume
Take it slow. Get the car up in the air. Use new bushings if you can.
worn
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 10 2013, 06:49 PM) *

Take it slow. Get the car up in the air. Use new bushings if you can.

I am still welding the rust out of the tub but pretty soon I will be thinking about fuel lines. One of my patch panels happened to fall under the joint between metal lines and plastic. I have to give Porsche some credit - for plastic, they aren't bad till outside in the weather.

I noticed one thing. That tunnel even when the plates are on is wide open to the passenger compartment at the driver's feet. It is covered with carpet normally but if the steel plastic junction fails, that is where the gas will spill out. I think I will do this one careful style.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.