Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weltmeister Camber Plates, Distinguishing Left (driver) vs Right (passenger) side
vintage914racer
post Jul 11 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

Working on installing weltmeister camber plates. The instructions distinctly point out that there is a left and a right, however the parts are not labeled and the diagram does not differentiate.

I found a thread on Pelican that suggested orientation as indicated in the photo below, however with this arrangement the out holes do not line up at all. I take this as a sign that they should go in the other way. When I do this, though, and try to max out negative camber I don't see a significant increase over the stock mounts. Any definitive word on the proper orientation? I simply want to avoid the flip flop installation dance.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Jul 12 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #2

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Unless you open up the hole in the shock tower on the car you won't ever get much more camber than the stock units allow.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
vintage914racer
post Jul 12 2013, 07:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,473

Chris, just for clarification are you talking about the large hole that the shock mount pops up through or the bolt holes in the chassis?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Jul 12 2013, 08:32 AM
Post #4

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Jul 12 2013, 08:21 AM) *

Chris, just for clarification are you talking about the large hole that the shock mount pops up through or the bolt holes in the chassis?

I mean the big holes with the lip.
The offset bolt holes should allow the plates to move inward without opening up the chassis bolt holes.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 05:05 AM