Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister Camber Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vintage914racer
Working on installing weltmeister camber plates. The instructions distinctly point out that there is a left and a right, however the parts are not labeled and the diagram does not differentiate.

I found a thread on Pelican that suggested orientation as indicated in the photo below, however with this arrangement the out holes do not line up at all. I take this as a sign that they should go in the other way. When I do this, though, and try to max out negative camber I don't see a significant increase over the stock mounts. Any definitive word on the proper orientation? I simply want to avoid the flip flop installation dance.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
Unless you open up the hole in the shock tower on the car you won't ever get much more camber than the stock units allow.
vintage914racer
Chris, just for clarification are you talking about the large hole that the shock mount pops up through or the bolt holes in the chassis?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Jul 12 2013, 08:21 AM) *

Chris, just for clarification are you talking about the large hole that the shock mount pops up through or the bolt holes in the chassis?

I mean the big holes with the lip.
The offset bolt holes should allow the plates to move inward without opening up the chassis bolt holes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.