Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ez30r rayco 914, engine start up
Porscharu73
post Jul 16 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,281
Region Association: None

Hello 914 world and welcome to my thread ....I'm in the process of a conversion with a ez30r I have been collecting parts since december of 2012 its going to be a long road ahead but I see the promise land ahead

Attached Image
Here she is one long search 10 hour drive and a trade later she is mine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) bodywork was all done prior and anti rust agent was done by last owner

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 16 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #2

Attached Image

I love my girls with a fat a$$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) lol

Attached Image
I enjoy art so I was having a pow wow to myself in the garage and pick up a pencil lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) have yet to finish

So my first thought was to go with a jdm ej20 forged pistons bigger injectors the works but with a stock td04 I was going for reliability for trips and driving around town run low boost 8-10 psi a little more when I wanted to really get on it.
Well after a little bit more research I started to fall for the ez30r just everything about it seem to please me a bit more and seeing people here have done it already and a heated debate to myself v6 or 4 banger turbo I decided to scrap the ej20 idea and purchase the ez30 instead
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 16 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Attached Image

I picked up the motor for Just under 1400 with automatic trans from a local Jdm engine dealer Note this is not my motor I had pictures of it fully assemble and then pics of it after torn it down but I lost them all when I lost my phone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) but you get the idea and will post pics of my motor soon

Attached Image

Here is the 03 Wrx 5 speed I will be using that I picked up for $50 in Lancaster CA the guy said there was no 2nd gear we will find out
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 16 2013, 12:25 PM
Post #4

Attached Image

At the same time that day of picking up the trans I had a family member pickup a 1989 sc 911 complete front suspension for $500 in sac for me THANKS for good family now for some wheels soon I hope lol

Attached Image

So after some long research and calling and asking questions on radiators I decided to go with one I found that's duel core duel pass 24x9 with an-16 bungs on it i will have to make my own shroud well using dual 8 inch spal fansI picked up all my fittings from jegs and sniper motorsports with high gloss finish with pro-flo 350 light weight racing hose this includes my water fuel and oil I have a lot more fitting just didn't get them in the picture
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 16 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #5

So this is where I have stop in the mean time I'm in the process of looking up a ecu maybe a link g4 xtreme or stinger 6860 also looking into some magic flanges or another option to cvs, the shifter and linkage and cradle once I figure this out I will start the build of putting everything together but I'm really close and can't wait to start I will post more pictures and chime in when ever I get the chance right now work and funds are getting in the way hopefully to finish by October for a trip up and down the California coast line as of now my goal is a reliable driver after all said and done I plan on turbocharging the ez30 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

So feel free to chime in and thanks for looking

Also if anyone knows of the specs that this conversion gives out 0-60 times,weight,mpg,things of that nature would be greatly appreciate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 27 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #6

Attached Image
So I wake up this morning to a gift from the lovable girlfriend thanks babe... I found them on Craigslist

Attached Image
Not bad of a look we will see what they look like after the matte black power coat
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 27 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Get some longer studs. The offset on those won't be right. I'm going to guess you'll need 1" to 1"1/2 up front. Then 1"1/2-2 1/2" in back. I'll hope I am wrong there but I looked at a set once. Much deeper offset
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jul 27 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #8

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

More like 1.5 front and 2.5-3 back.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Jul 28 2013, 05:27 AM
Post #9

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Good luck on your project! Have Fun!
Just install the 100mm studs on the 911 hubs then you can cut off the excess down the road after everything has been fitted.
The radiator looks a tad small to me ???
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jul 28 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Porscharu73 @ Jul 16 2013, 11:25 AM) *

At the same time that day of picking up the trans I had a family member pickup a 1989 sc 911 complete front suspension for $500 in sac for me THANKS for good family now for some wheels soon I hope lol

So after some long research and calling and asking questions on radiators I decided to go with one I found that's duel core duel pass 24x9 with an-16 bungs on it i will have to make my own shroud well using dual 8 inch spal fansI picked up all my fittings from jegs and sniper motorsports with high gloss finish with pro-flo 350 light weight racing hose this includes my water fuel and oil I have a lot more fitting just didn't get them in the picture

Just a heads up on that light weight hose. I used it up front with my oil cooler and all it needs is one little thread cut or tear (just rubbing somewhere) and it will fail shortly after. What happens is that the thread unravels a bit from where ever it is
cut or torn, then that spot isn't protected against pressure and it blows the hose. I I had mine fail at an autox and it dumped 2 quarts of oil so fast you wouldn't believe it.

So use the stainless steel wrapped stuff, or you'll be retrofitting like I had to do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 28 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #11

Attached Image

This is the radiator I'm using its for Hondas it's a tucked radiator for the Hondas running big turbos or in need of extra room I call them and talk to them they said it should be able to do just fine for what I'm using it for look a perrins build and many other ez30r conversions even when they turbo charge the motor they still us the stock ez30 radiator

As far as the hose im was thinking of using that hose shield don't really know what it is called ...and I'm will be metal piping with -16an bungs welded to it for under the car but completely understand where your coming from

As far as the 100mm studs thanks I will be looking into them will spacers be necessary
+Quote Post
3d914
post Jul 28 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Cool project! Looks like the kit was done well. I like the front bumper on that Rayco kit. Good choice for motor, too! EZ30 was on my list - just wasn't brave enough to venture that deeply into the unknown at the time. I started mine in 2008.
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Jul 28 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #13

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Yes spacers will be needed for those wheels.
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Jul 28 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #14

Attached Image
Interior is not bad took the dash off to get it painted and leather redone

Attached Image
Just a few -16 fittings with one steel bung attached to it
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Feb 22 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #15

Have not updated in a while but I was have trouble finding all the photos different SD cards I'm an idiot well here is the motor hanging waiting for a cradle
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Feb 22 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #16

I have recently bought the headers,flywheel,starter,clutch fork,clutch pedal etc...the only parts I'm at a roadblock with the shifter and axles but everything seems to be coming along very slowly lol

Showing water lines and a little bit of the cradle
Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Feb 22 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #17

The motor nicely tucked away in it's new home fuel lines fuel pump water reservoir still have not decided. Where to put the ecu
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Feb 22 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #18

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

Your coolant lines look nice. You better raise your car up high! You will rip the lines open after a few speed bumps. I've lost count on how many times my rubber lines have hit bumps...

You could fab skid plates to protect the lines. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Looks like a cool build... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 22 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Feb 22 2014, 11:19 AM) *

Your coolant lines look nice. You better raise your car up high! You will rip the lines open after a few speed bumps. I've lost count on how many times my rubber lines have hit bumps...

You could fab skid plates to protect the lines. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Looks like a cool build... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

That is the nice thing with the gates greens tripe hose. Tough enough can just flex with a bump. so even if it's smashed by a bump. Typically it is just temporary. That does look nice & clean. Can't wait to see you fire that up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . Keep up the good work
+Quote Post
Porscharu73
post Apr 14 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #20

update

I have still been looking into axles and shifter then came across these rims when I had to pick them up just completes the look very happy how it came out
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:55 AM