Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tach/Turn signal conversion doesn't work, Got it working - different than the Up 'n Fixin diagram, though
sfrenck
post Jul 28 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,411
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Used this information to install my 73 Tach into my 74 car:

You would add two wires from the emergency flasher switch to the bulbs you will use (green/black and white/ black). These are the same wires and colors leading out to the turn signal bulbs at the four corners of the car.

You will modify the existing blue/white wire to extend to the other side of BOTH bulbs. The blue/white wire terminates at the flasher relay itself.

Attached Image

Weird thing is when all the wires are connected to the hazard switch, neither indicator works for flasher or turn signal. If I unplug the L or R from the hazard switch, both turn signal indicators work as they are supposed to and one of them lights up with the hazard (whichever one I didn't unplug)? I've already switched out the hazard switch.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Question change: the turn signal indicators work with the turn switch when all is wired per the diagram, but they don't blink with the hazard switch (light on the hazard switch does blink). Is this how it is supposed to work?

Newer Update: All works if I detach the blue wire w/ white stripe from the turn indicator bulbs and instead install a ground to them. Guess I'm going with this solution rather than the diagram above indicating I need the two blue/white stripe (or, as indicated below, take the blue/white wire off of the flasher at terminal K and connect the wire to ground).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:55 PM