Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: T.C.'s shadetree auto, Thanks buddy
ThePaintedMan
post Jul 29 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Dang it, this was supposed to be in the Sandbox. Anyhow, just wanted to give a shoutout to my buddy T.C. This weekend he allowed me to use his lift to do the clutch in my Mustang so I could return it to daily driver status.

I told him I had done it in 5 hours before with jackstands and the shop hours are 4.5. I failed to mention that when I did that it was with the help of a buddy who made getting the damn transmission in and out a lot easier.

Needless to say it took us nearly ten hours and ALL of T.C.'s Saturday. But he stuck it out and was a big help for me. As always, we shot the breeze and solved world problems in the process. He was even nice enough to feed me a great dinner! Though it was a long day, I enjoyed hanging out with you man. Thanks for your help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

FYI - In case anyone was wondering, doing a transmission job on a 4 post lift is nearly impossible without a high-lift transmission jack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) And a T45 Mustang transmission weighs far more than a 914 transmission - it cannot be lifted into position by hand. We ended up having to lower the car back down and I crawled under the lift to get it back in. Probably would have made for some funny pictures though.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ThePaintedMan   OT: T.C.'s shadetree auto   Jul 29 2013, 07:33 AM
carr914   :thumbsup:   Jul 29 2013, 07:40 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:15 PM