Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: T.C.'s shadetree auto
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Dang it, this was supposed to be in the Sandbox. Anyhow, just wanted to give a shoutout to my buddy T.C. This weekend he allowed me to use his lift to do the clutch in my Mustang so I could return it to daily driver status.

I told him I had done it in 5 hours before with jackstands and the shop hours are 4.5. I failed to mention that when I did that it was with the help of a buddy who made getting the damn transmission in and out a lot easier.

Needless to say it took us nearly ten hours and ALL of T.C.'s Saturday. But he stuck it out and was a big help for me. As always, we shot the breeze and solved world problems in the process. He was even nice enough to feed me a great dinner! Though it was a long day, I enjoyed hanging out with you man. Thanks for your help. pray.gif

FYI - In case anyone was wondering, doing a transmission job on a 4 post lift is nearly impossible without a high-lift transmission jack. headbang.gif And a T45 Mustang transmission weighs far more than a 914 transmission - it cannot be lifted into position by hand. We ended up having to lower the car back down and I crawled under the lift to get it back in. Probably would have made for some funny pictures though.
carr914
thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.