Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Air compressor will not shut off, Once the tank reaches PSI?
Kerrys914
post Dec 7 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

I started up my Craftsman compressor for the first time (with the correct amp breaker) since our move in Aug. It's only 2 years old in July. I have a 2year MA on it but it expired in July..WTF (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Figures

It starts fine runs and runs and runs It gets up to 135 and I have to shut it down. If I flip the switch back to the on position it will not start (like is should). IF I leave it switched to th eon position and use a tool it will start once the PSI drops but again it will not kick off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I haven't pulled the pressure switch yet. A new switch is $60 bucks. If I can save that money by spending a few hrs let me know. Do these switches get dirty and can they be repaire vs replacement?

I tried a BFH on the top of the switch but it didn't work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff Bonanno
post Dec 7 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #2

il dottore

Member No.: 636

Kerry, mine is doing the same thing (it's ALOT older though). i think the switch is buggered.

jbb
+Quote Post
914GT
post Dec 7 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

I had to replace mine on my Craftsman a couple months ago. Damn thing only lasted 20 years. Tried to fix it but the contacts were too burned and would stick closed. Would keep running until blowing the tank relief valve. Pissed me off while in the middle of a paint job. Good news, Sears had it online and on my doorstep in 3 days. I suspect all the paint overspray didn't help it over the years.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Dec 7 2004, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

The regulators are a generic item.
I have replaced quite a few, but my compressors see more abuse.

They are available for around 20 bucks.

Rich
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:47 AM