Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air compressor will not shut off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
I started up my Craftsman compressor for the first time (with the correct amp breaker) since our move in Aug. It's only 2 years old in July. I have a 2year MA on it but it expired in July..WTF headbang.gif headbang.gif Figures

It starts fine runs and runs and runs It gets up to 135 and I have to shut it down. If I flip the switch back to the on position it will not start (like is should). IF I leave it switched to th eon position and use a tool it will start once the PSI drops but again it will not kick off headbang.gif headbang.gif

I haven't pulled the pressure switch yet. A new switch is $60 bucks. If I can save that money by spending a few hrs let me know. Do these switches get dirty and can they be repaire vs replacement?

I tried a BFH on the top of the switch but it didn't work smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Cheers
Jeff Bonanno
Kerry, mine is doing the same thing (it's ALOT older though). i think the switch is buggered.

jbb
914GT
I had to replace mine on my Craftsman a couple months ago. Damn thing only lasted 20 years. Tried to fix it but the contacts were too burned and would stick closed. Would keep running until blowing the tank relief valve. Pissed me off while in the middle of a paint job. Good news, Sears had it online and on my doorstep in 3 days. I suspect all the paint overspray didn't help it over the years.
r_towle
The regulators are a generic item.
I have replaced quite a few, but my compressors see more abuse.

They are available for around 20 bucks.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.