Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch adjustment help, looking for a really good explanation
djm914-6
post May 22 2003, 07:07 AM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

On my ride to work this morning, I noticed my car wasn't idling as high as usual while sitting at lights. I also noticed that I was grinding gears much more than ususal. When I got to work, I stepped on the clutch with the car in gear and the rpms went to 500 or below. When I put the car in nutral, the rpms went back up to 900 plus. So, I figure the clutch isn't fully disengaging.

I have seen articles on how to adjust a tail shifters clutch cable, but I need a real basic, "what to do" description. Like, which way to turn the nuts, does the cable need to be tightened or loosened, etc. This is a new cable with less than a few hundred miles on it.

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
djm914-6   Clutch adjustment help   May 22 2003, 07:07 AM
72Signal914   Mine was doing just about the same thing and my cl...   May 22 2003, 07:43 AM
need4speed   Yeah, it's fun when you're at a light, clu...   May 22 2003, 12:28 PM
meursault   No wingnut. Listen not to the ghia man. Get down t...   May 22 2003, 12:56 PM
silver six   Dave, While it could be as simple as a clutch adj...   May 22 2003, 02:18 PM
need4speed  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:58 PM