Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New to me 914-6, 1974 914-6 conversion
david63
post Aug 19 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,653
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hey folks look what I picked up in Benbrook TX last weekend. I was able to sell the original 6 a few weeks ago with plans to restore the 1974 914-4 2.0.

I was contacted by my friend/mechanic about a car that a friend had. He indicated it was not even "on the market" and it was one of the best he had seen.

Well I went to see it and I was not disappointed. Beautiful white paint (older reprint in original ivory color). Old school 3.0 with webers, original heat exchangers, full SC front suspension with Koni's. Leather interior, good dash, 15" Fuchs, and so on...

The car drives wonderful, no surge, shifts well, in short the car is complete and ready to go. I almost always buy cars that need a lot of work and they get up on stands and seem to take a long time to finish. Sound familiar?

I will take bunch of pictures when I get it up in the air for service, etc. as nice as it is I have a couple of things to address. It will need a front cooler this winter and I want to investigate the Mettelmoter AC mount.

Brought it home to Midland and drove it all weekend. Nice to have a finished car...

Look for more pictures and I am looking forward to a few tasteful mods.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:58 AM