Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
david63
Hey folks look what I picked up in Benbrook TX last weekend. I was able to sell the original 6 a few weeks ago with plans to restore the 1974 914-4 2.0.

I was contacted by my friend/mechanic about a car that a friend had. He indicated it was not even "on the market" and it was one of the best he had seen.

Well I went to see it and I was not disappointed. Beautiful white paint (older reprint in original ivory color). Old school 3.0 with webers, original heat exchangers, full SC front suspension with Koni's. Leather interior, good dash, 15" Fuchs, and so on...

The car drives wonderful, no surge, shifts well, in short the car is complete and ready to go. I almost always buy cars that need a lot of work and they get up on stands and seem to take a long time to finish. Sound familiar?

I will take bunch of pictures when I get it up in the air for service, etc. as nice as it is I have a couple of things to address. It will need a front cooler this winter and I want to investigate the Mettelmoter AC mount.

Brought it home to Midland and drove it all weekend. Nice to have a finished car...

Look for more pictures and I am looking forward to a few tasteful mods.

david63
Moderator please hel me delete one of these. Sorry to double post
Cody914
Congratulations on a great find!

It was even more beautiful in person, I think I got some drool on your drivers door while I was checking it out. biggrin.gif

It was nice to meet you the other day, glad I happened along while you were still around. I got to see an amazing car and talk a little 914 with a cool enthusiast.

Looking forward to more pics and updates!

Cairo94507
Very nice looking car. We want more pictures of course....
billh1963
Absolutely need more pictures! smile.gif
JRust
Nice ride aktion035.gif . It's great to have a finished car you can actually drive. Not something I have had the pleasure of to much in my Teener life dry.gif . Enjoy that 3.0! Thats a great setup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.