Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you adjust your windows?, Mine let a "little" water in...
scruz914
post Dec 10 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

QUOTE(STL914 @ Dec 10 2004, 10:53 AM)
Some what related to this thread, the first experience I had discovering my first 914 leaked was going through a car wash.
What an eye opener.

I dropped my wife off to get us some sodas for the days PCA drive. I decided to get the car washed to give a good first impressiom to the other club members. I got completely drenched. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

My wife laughed her ass off, until she put that same ass into her water filled passenger seat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

You drove your 914 through a car wash? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Is that a common practice with other 914 owners? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I would never think of doing it. It is just asking for a shower.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
STL914
post Dec 10 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You drove your 914 through a car wash?

Yeah, sure did. I was a newbie, just had the car for about 3 months and was not
aware of the tendencies of these cars to leak.

I've had convertables go through car washes with no problems. Who'd have guessed? It was rather funny, thinking about it, sitting in the driver's seat with high pressure water being sprayed at me.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Dec 10 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #23

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

I've had a couple of older British cars with simple single ply convertible tops. Those always leaked. When I got the 914 many years ago I thought it's Targa top was a dream come true. Now when I do get caught in the rain, and water is dripping on my left knee from the front corner, I think what an outdated design the top and seals are. I guess it's all relative. I carry a towel in the cockpit at all times, just for such occasions. Oh, and to wipe the fog off the windows. And to wipe the sweat off my face in the summer. And to... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Bitch, bitch, bitch... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

BTW, I've never put the 914 through a car wash. Thanks for the warning. When I wash it, I always limit the amount of water I spray around the window seals and never hit the seals directly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
andys
post Dec 10 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

All this talk about getting wet in a 914 reminded me back when I bought my new '73 2.0, I drove it daily and it never leaked. I recall one particular deluge where I could hardly see where I was going. Nothing got wet inside. Maybe that car was an exception?

Andy
+Quote Post
Ctrout
post Dec 11 2004, 10:41 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,091

Carwash? Wash car? These cars are so small that I generally just dust it off once in a while and spray it with Windex or something. Then again, my paint sucks anyway so I'm not hurting anything. I try not to drive it when the roads are wet though. I am so glad I live in the desert. Only rains about 10 times a year and when it does, it's so light that I don't even need the wipers.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Dec 11 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #26

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Windex??? Try some Eagle1 quick detailer. It's only $4/bottle.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Dec 11 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #27

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 10 2004, 08:09 AM)
Just waiting for someone here to say thier car don't leak. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

My silver car doesn't leak and I have the floor boards to prove it. My white car leaks like crazy and will have 3 inches of water inside if left outside during a big storm.

Fellas, get your cars inside the garage or at least under a good cover. These cars aren't going to last if they constantly get exposed to the elements.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 04:49 AM